Wednesday, February 3, 2016

In the beautiful land of Washington‏

Well, everyone. I'm in Washington. I'm here! It's green and it was ACTUALLY sunny when I got here (weird). The trees are the tallest things I've ever seen. The mountains are beautiful. My companion/trainer is named Sister Loeak and she's from the Marshall Islands and she's legit. She's really patient with me.

I don't have super long today, so this isn't a full update, but my p-day is monday so I will write then! But, until then, I am here. And I am terrified. I don't think I've been this scared since my first semester at BYU-Idaho as a music major. I'm sooooo nervous. I hardly talk (which you know is weird because I'm obnoxious normally). We went tracting last night and I had no idea what I was doing. It's a little frustrating because I want to just be myself and show others my personality and love for the gospel, but I'm walking around like a lost puppy, hahaha... But, this is for me to grow, and I truly have a desire to become brave. It is, after all, only day 2 in the field. They throw you in quick. At the airport, my mission president gave me a pass along card and had me teach about Christ on the fly. I have no idea what I said, haha, but he took the card. 

This is mega hard. But, I'm pretty sure it's gonna be the greatest thing of my life, so I just have to be patient with myself and the progress I need to make. Here's to hoping I can come out of my shell more and actually remember what I know to be true!

Also, I'm limping today because I RAMMED my knee on the bed post last night, like super bad. Hahaha. Stairs hurt. Yaaay.

I'll write more soon! Love everyone!

-Sister Eldridge
PS: I'm in Maple Valley in the Cedar River ward. I am driving a car! And I saw my first Washington "spit" today (it's raining). 


Sister Juliann Marie Eldridge
Washington Federal Way Mission
23175 224th Pl SE Ste E
Maple Valley, WA 98038
United States

No comments:

Post a Comment